Jacksonville DUI Lawyers: No Contest Plea Reversal

Unfortunately, some people feel that the only choice they have is to plead guilty or no contest to a DUI charge. Often, these people realize their mistake and want to reverse their plea. At Stone Lockett, we are here to tell you that even if you were convicted of a DUI at your first appearance, you have the option to fight to have your conviction vacated.

How To Reverse a DUI Conviction In Florida

A DUI plea reversal requires a post-conviction motion, which is different than a DUI appeal. Our lawyers have extensive experience assisting clients who wish to reverse their original guilty or no contest pleas. We will review the transcript of your plea and sentencing hearing from your first appearance and identify grounds that will enable us to pursue a motion to vacate the plea and set aside the conviction.

When a hearing is set, the state will review the motion. If the state doesn't oppose the motion, the judge will reverse it. If the state does oppose it, a new hearing will be set. Our experienced DUI defense attorneys will represent you at this hearing, fighting to protect your rights and to have your conviction vacated, so you can have your driver's license reinstated and other penalties reversed.

Every case is different, so it is important to speak with our knowledgeable lawyers about the details of your arrest, plea and conviction.

For a free consultation, contact Stone Lockett at 904-325-9962. Our Jacksonville DUI attorneys can help you with a no contest plea reversal. We have Spanish speakers on staff. Se habla español. We have two convenient office locations.