Juveniles Facing Criminal Charges in Duval County
There are few events more upsetting for a parent or guardian than seeing your child face criminal charges. Children under the age of 18 can
A child’s future is on the line, so it is particularly important to contact an attorney with experience handling criminal law cases for juveniles and adults. Based in Jacksonville and serving northeastern Florida, Lockett Law, P.A., has extensive experience providing knowledgeable legal representation to minors and their families. We understand that charges like shoplifting, theft, underage drinking, possession and other charges can be life changing, impacting their educational opportunities, employment and personal freedom.
Common Juvenile Crimes We Handle
A child getting arrested is serious, particularly when it involves the following charges:
- Assault and battery: A fight in school or elsewhere can potentially end up in court.
- Burglary or trespassing: Kids sneaking into neighbors’ property and taking minor objects is no longer a prank.
- Larceny: Petit larceny involves theft of items between $100 and $300 dollars, while grand larceny includes items worth more than $300.
- Misdemeanor violations of drug laws: Possession of small amounts of marijuana or banned substances can still amount to serious charges.
- Disorderly conduct: This can include fighting, loitering in certain areas, or even creating too much noise.
Protecting Your Child’s Future
Kids will be kids. Sometimes they will make bad choices or get out of line. The right lawyer can argue that there is a good person whose future should not be tainted by misstep. The right defense can find alternatives to incarceration and a criminal record that follows them into adulthood. While juvenile records are relatively easy to seal, this is not the case with adult criminal records.
Contact Us Today To Arrange A Free Consultation
Call our offices in Jacksonville at 904-858-9818 or send us a message to arrange an appointment.